The nfoWorks namespace identifier http://nfoworks.org/ns/odf/1.2/rct/faux# is for foreign attributes and elements that are not intended to be used in interchange. The namespace is used with foreign components that are injected into test documents for verification that implementations will simply ignore them.
These tests are with pairs of documents, one with the foreign components and a corresponding one having the foreign components absent. An implementation is resilient if the consumption of each document has identical effect, even if there are defects in that effect.
The tests also determine, in the case that treatment of the pairs is indifferent, whether the attributes are removed or not when documents that have them are saved by an implementation.
This namespace is entirely for this purpose. It is has no formal standing, because there is no significance to its local names whatsoever. It is a faux namespace in the sense that it will never be used for any implementation-defined or extension-defined purpose. Occurrence of this namespace in a document should never have any significance in implementations of OpenDocument consumers.
The primary description of this namespace is always available at ns/odf/1.2/rct/faux#.
- d140601b: ns/odf/1.2/rct/faux# Faux Repaired Change-Tracking Namespace [latest document engineering]
ns/odf/1.2/rct/faux#: Professional-Appearance form [latest edition]
- d140601c: ns/odf/1.2/rct/faux# Faux Repaired Change-Tracking Namespace Place-Holder (document engineering)
- d140601c1: ns/odf/1.2/rct/faux# Faux Repaired Change-Tracking Namespace Place-Holder (professional appearance)
- d140601a: Diary & Job Jar
- d140602: RCT Extension Down-Level Resiliency
- RCT: Repaired Change-Tracking ODF 1.2 Extension Profile
- n140501: ODF 1.2 Change-Tracking Repair Development
- ns: nfoWorks Namespace Identifiers
- Hamilton, Dennis E.
- ns/odf/1.2/rct/faux# Faux Repaired Change-Tracking Namespace. nfoWorks devNote folio d140601 0.02, August 29, 2014. Accessed at <http://nfoWorks.org/dev/2014/06/d140601.htm>.
created 2014-06-29-07:55 -0700 (pdt)